Terms and Conditions of Use
Please read the following Terms and Conditions of Use carefully before using the ProShares website. By using ProShares.com, and the information and services available through the site, you agree to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this website.
ProShares.com is owned and operated by ProShares (ProShares Trust and ProShares Trust II). ProShares ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. ("SEI"), which is not affiliated with the funds' advisor or sponsor. ProShares may modify these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time and without notice. Any such modifications will be effective immediately upon posting to this website. We suggest you periodically review these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Important Fund Disclosures
Use of Hyperlinks
Timeliness of Content
ProShares Proxy Voting
Business Continuity Plan
Warranties, Disclaimers and Indemnifications
Important Fund Disclosures
Availability of Prospectuses
Carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of ProShares ETFs before investing. This and other information can be found in their summary and full prospectuses. Read them carefully before investing. A separate ProShares Trust II prospectus is available for Volatility, Commodity and Currency funds. You can also receive prospectuses by writing to us at: ProShares, 7501 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000E, Bethesda MD 20814, or by calling us at 866.PRO.5125. Investors can also obtain prospectuses and seek advice from a financial adviser or broker/dealer representative.
Notification of Risks
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. ProShares are non-diversified and entail certain risks, including risk associated with the use of derivatives (swap agreements, futures contracts and similar instruments), imperfect benchmark correlation, leverage and market price variance, all of which can increase volatility and decrease performance. For more on correlation, leverage and other risks, please read the prospectuses. There is no guarantee any ProShares ETF will achieve its investment objective.
Copyright and Licenses
All names, graphics, logos, trademarks and service marks appearing on ProShares.com are the exclusive property of their respective owners. All ProShares names, graphics, logos, trademarks and service marks are exclusive property of ProShares. ProShares' names, graphics, logos, trademarks and service marks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ProShares' without express advance written permission, and none of these may be used in any manner likely to cause confusion among customers or investors, or that is in any manner offensive, false, misleading, derogatory, disparaging or discrediting towards ProShares.
The Global Industry Classification Standard ("GICS") was developed by and is the exclusive property and a service mark of MSCI Inc. ("MSCI") and Standard & Poor’s, a division of The McGraw Hill Companies, Inc. ("S&P") and is licensed for use by ProShares. Neither MSCI, S&P nor any third party involved in making or compiling the GICS or any GICS classifications makes any express or implied warranties or representations with respect to such standard or classification (or the results to be obtained by the use thereof), and all such parties hereby expressly disclaim all warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to any of such standard or classification. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no event shall MSCI, S&P, any of their affiliates or any third party involved in making or compiling the GICS or any GICS classifications have any liability for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, consequential or any other damages (including lost profits) even if notified of the possibility of such damages.
The information provided by ProShares contains SEDOL Masterfile® data sourced from the London Stock Exchange Masterfile®. It is provided for information purposes only. If you intend to do anything other than print or save a copy of the information, contact the London Stock Exchange to obtain the appropriate license for your intended use. You may reach the London Stock Exchange at email@example.com .
Use of Hyperlinks
You may not hyperlink to ProShares.com unless you receive permission from ProShares and accept and agree to comply with the conditions referenced below:
- The hyperlink must be directed to ProShares' homepage at www.ProShares.com.
- The text of the hyperlink must state "ProShares" or "ProShares.com."
- The hyperlink may not falsely represent or suggest any relationship between ProShares and the linking website or entity.
- The hyperlink may not portray any ProShares information in any manner that is offensive, false, misleading, derogatory, disparaging or discrediting.
- The hyperlink may not alter the integrity or layout of the ProShares.com website.
- Hyperlinks to ProShares.com from other websites are maintained by independent third parties and are not affiliated with ProShares. ProShares is not responsible for the accuracy or timeliness of any information or media provided on third party websites.
Timeliness of Content
The information available on this site is reviewed and updated with due diligence, however, information available on this site may become outdated. Neither ProShares nor SEI assumes any liability or guarantee for the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the information provided through ProShares.com. ProShares makes reasonable efforts to provide content from sources it believes to be reliable, but makes no representation or warranty that the information available on ProShares.com is correct, accurate, complete or reliable.
The content on the ProShares website is provided for information, education and non-commercial purposes only and is subject to change at any time. The information provided should not be construed as investment advice. Under no circumstances is the information provided intended to be an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy ProShares ETFs. Each investor is responsible for evaluating the suitability and risks associated with investing in ProShares ETFs and agrees to not hold ProShares, SEI, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision based on the information made available through ProShares, ProShares.com or SEI.
ProShares Proxy Voting
ProShares' Proxy Voting Policy may be reviewed here.
ProShares' investment products and the services referred to on ProShares.com are intended to be made available only to U.S. residents. Some ProShares products may be made available to non-U.S. residents through third parties. Under no circumstances is any information provided on the ProShares website intended for distribution to or use by, or to be an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy ProShares ETFs or any investment product or service to, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution, use, offer or solicitation would subject ProShares or its affiliates to any registration requirement or be unlawful under the securities laws of that jurisdiction or country.
Business Continuity Plan
ProShares has a flexible Business Continuity Plan ("BCP") to respond to events that significantly disrupt business. ProShares' BCP is designed to enable quick recovery and resumption of business operations after a significant business disruption ("SBD") by safeguarding employees and property, making financial and operational assessments, and protecting books and records so ProShares can continue to transact business.
ProShares' BCP addresses the following areas: data back-up and recovery; all mission-critical systems; financial and operational assessments; alternative communication methods with business constituents, employees, and regulators; alternative physical location for critical employees; service providers; and regulatory reporting. Back-up records are maintained electronically, and certain documentation is secured off site. While every emergency situation poses unique problems, it is ProShares' and its technology service providers' objectives to restore all services as soon as possible.
SBDs vary in scope and severity. They may disrupt operations solely at ProShares, or they may affect a larger area. Should an SBD occur applying solely to ProShares' primary place of business, the firm will transfer operations to an off-site location and generally resume business the same day. If a larger area is disrupted, ProShares will transfer operations to a site outside of the affected area and generally resume business within 24 hours. ProShares will notify you of any necessary information through ProShares.com.
This BCP is reviewed and approved annually by senior management and is subject to change. For more information, or if you have questions about the BCP, please contact ProShares at 866-PRO-5125 or through ProShares.com.
Warranties, Disclaimers and Indemnifications
- ProShares makes no warranties, express or implied, about the use of ProShares ETFs or ProShares.com.
- ProShares.com is made available as is, and is subject to change at any time and without notice.
- ProShares makes no warranties, express or implied, that ProShares.com will be uninterrupted, secure or error free.
- ProShares makes no warranties, express or implied, that the information on ProShares.com will meet your needs or requirements.
- To the full extent permitted under applicable law, ProShares expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to ProShares.com, and any products or services available on or through this website, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, suitability and non-infringement.
- Any content or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of ProShares.com is done at your own discretion and risk. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other equipment, loss or corruption of data, or any other losses or damages, tangible or intangible, resulting from your use of any materials downloaded from or obtained through ProShares.com.
- You agree that ProShares, SEI, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents is not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, intangible, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages from loss of profits, revenue, income, goodwill, use, or data beyond the control of ProShares or SEI, caused by your use of or your inability to use ProShares.com.
- You agree that ProShares, SEI, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents is not liable for damages caused by theft, unauthorized access, systems failure, or communications line failure, or the cost of procuring substitute goods or services, or for any other occurrences beyond the control of ProShares or SEI, even if they have been advised of the potential for such damages, caused by your use of or your inability to use ProShares.com.
- As a condition of using ProShares.com, you agree to indemnify and hold ProShares, SEI, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from and against any claims, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees, arising from your use of or your inability to use ProShares.com, or any violation by you of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Inquiries concerning ProShares can be made through our general information email address at info@ProShares.com.
The terms of these policies, and any dispute that might arise between you and ProShares, SEI, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents, are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
"QQQ,®" "NASDAQ-100®" and "NASDAQ Biotechnology Index®" are trademarks of The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. "Standard & Poor's,®" "S&P,®" "S&P 500,®" "S&P MidCap 400,®" "S&P SmallCap 600,®" "Standard & Poor's 500,®" "S&P 500® VIX® Short-Term Futures IndexTM", "S&P 500® VIX® Mid-Term Futures IndexTM", "S&P Merger Arbitrage," "S&P 500® Dividend Aristocrats®," "S&P Strategic Futures Index," "S&P 400 MidCap® Dividend Aristocrats,®" certain "S&P Select Industry Indices," "S&P 500 Ex-Energy Index," "S&P 500 Ex-Financials Index," "S&P 500 Ex-Health Care Index," "S&P 500 Ex-Information Technology & Telecommunication Services Index," "Dow Jones Index," "DJ," "Dow Jones Industrial Average,SM" "The Dow 30,SM" "Dow Jones U.S. Sector Indexes," "Dow Jones Select Sector Indexes," and "Dow Jones Brookfield Global Infrastructure Composite Index" are products of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC and its affiliates. The "Russell 2000® Index," "Russell 2000® Dividend Growth Index" and "Russell®" are trademarks of Russell Investment Group. "MSCI," "MSCI Inc.," "MSCI Index" and "EAFE" are service marks of MSCI. "Bloomberg®" and the names identifying each of the individual Bloomberg Commodity Subindexes are trademarks or service marks of Bloomberg Finance L.P. and its affiliates (collectively, "Bloomberg"). "Barclays" and "Barclays Inc." are trademarks of Barclays Inc. The "ICE U.S. Treasury 20+ Year Bond Index", "ICE U.S. Treasury 7-10 Year Bond Index", and "ICE U.S. Treasury 3-7 Year Bond Index" are trademarks of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. ("ICE"). "iBoxx®" is a registered trademark of Markit Indices Limited. "Credit Suisse" and "Credit Suisse 130/30 Large Cap Index™" are trademarks of Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC or one of its affiliates. "Research Affiliates Fundamental Index®" and "RAFI®" are trademarks of Research Affiliates, LLC. "Merrill Lynch Factor Model®" Exchange Series," "Merrill Lynch Factor Model,®" and "Merrill Lynch International™" are intellectual property of Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith IncorporatedTM or its affiliates ("BofAML"). "Solactive®" is a trademark of Solactive AG. "CITI" is a trademark and service mark of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, and is used and registered throughout the world. "LPX® Direct Listed Private Equity Index" and "LPX®" are registered trademarks of LPX GmbH. "Deutsche Bank" and "DBIQ Short Duration Emerging Market Bond IndexSM" are service marks of Deutsche Bank AG. "Morningstar® Diversified Alternatives IndexSM" is a product of Morningstar, Inc. The "NYSE Arca Gold Miners IndexSM" is a service mark of NYSE or its affiliates. The "MVIS™ Global Junior Gold Miners Index" is the exclusive property of Market Vectors Index Solutions GmbH. "FTSE Developed Europe 100% Hedged to USD Index," "FTSE Japan 100% Hedged to USD Index," "FTSE Developed Europe All Cap Index" and "FTSE RAFI US 1000 Long/Short Total Return Index" are trademarks of the FTSE International Limited ("FTSE"). All have been licensed for use by ProShares. "VIX®" is a trademark of the Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated ("CBOE") and CBOE has agreed that S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC may use the "VIX®" trademark in the names of the Indexes as licensed to ProShares. "S&P®" is a registered trademark of Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC ("S&P") and "Dow Jones®" is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC ("Dow Jones") and have been licensed for use by S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC and its affiliates. "FTSE®" is a trademark of the London Stock Exchange Group and The Financial Times Limited and is used by FTSE International Limited ("FTSE") under license. ProShares have not been passed on by these entities or their subsidiaries or affiliates as to their legality or suitability. ProShares are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by these entities or their subsidiaries or affiliates, and they make no representation regarding the advisability of investing in ProShares. THESE ENTITIES AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES AND BEAR NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO PROSHARES.