ProShares VIX Mid-Term Futures ETF seeks investment results, before fees and expenses, that track the performance of the S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures Index.
VIXM provides long exposure to the S&P 500 VIX Mid-Term Futures Index, which measures the returns of a portfolio of monthly VIX futures contracts with a weighted average of five months to expiration.
- Designed for knowledgeable investors who seek to:
- Profit from increases in the expected volatility of the S&P 500, as measured by the prices of VIX futures contracts.
- Reduce U.S. equity portfolio risk, since changes in the VIX Mid-Term Futures Index have historically been negatively correlated to S&P 500 returns.
- Intended for short-term use; investors should actively manage and monitor their investments, as frequently as daily.
- Does not track the performance of the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) and can be expected to perform very differently from the VIX.
This fund is not an investment company regulated under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and is not afforded its protections. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
- Read more about ProShares VIX Futures ETFs and VIX futures indexes.